Be better at your homework
5 Golden Rules For Doing Homework From Successful Students
- It is important that you have everything you need in your study space. Before you sit down with your homework you should look over what materials you need. Just like you wouldn't start building a house without all of the tools, you should start on your homework without all of the tools. Your mind can easily become distracted by a cell phone or the television, but it can become justice distracted if you have to continually get up to retrieve items or materials that you forgot.
- One of the best ways to stay organized is to keep a homework box. This box should be the one place where you store all of the materials you need to complete your homework. If you have a steady space at home, you can easily keep all of the materials you need any drawer or sitting atop your desk. But if you typically study in a third-party environment such as the library or a café, you should keep all of your materials in a box that you can easily transport to and from the location. A pencil box tends to work quite well. If you get a large pencil box you can keep things like a ruler, calculator, protractor, pens, highlighters, pencils, erasers, sticky notes, notecards, and anything else you might need.
- Having all of the materials that you need at once will alleviate the distraction of having to get up to go get more things. The less you get up while trying to focus the better your mind will be able to concentrate.
- Before you start studying it is important to have a healthy snack and to drink water. Your mind will become very fatigued and you will find it very difficult to focus on the work that you were trying to complete if you are hungry. You should pay attention to the time that you study. If you like to study and finish your homework right after school, it might be in your best interest to get a snack right after school. The snack should be something healthy which consists of equal parts fats, proteins, and carbohydrates. If you're able to have a snack that contains all three of these, you will stay satiated for a longer period of time and you won't continually want to snack more.
- It is good to keep a bottle of water nearby so that you can stay hydrated as well. If you are dehydrated the majority of the water contained in your body will be used to keep your organs functioning and you will find it very difficult to study.
Nobody ever does their homework well if they are bored. Find ways to avoid boredom even if it means doing shorter sessions more often of your homework. Once you are bored, your homework standards slip.
You can improve your memory. There are exercises and activities you can do just as you might exercise some other muscles in your body. Learn to improve your memory.
Use Key Words
Keywords are just that, the key words. Develop the skill of being able to read something and highlight the keywords. These are the words which will trigger ideas in your mind later on.
Know how long you are able to concentrate. Some people can concentrate for much longer periods than others. But if you know how long it is you can concentrate effectively, then set your homework tasks accordingly.
2010-2017 HeelingHeartsacdRescue.org. Immediate help for your homework assignment.