Be better at your homework
Effective Tutorial on How to Do Homework Assignments Faster
Getting your homework done quickly is probably on top of every student’s wish list when it comes to education. There could be a number of reasons why homework takes long to complete, from home work being too difficult and too long, to distractions at home and other personal matters. No matter what the reason here are five effective tips on how to do your homework assignments faster:
- Prepare and Organize Your Homework Workspace. Designate a space in your room or kitchen table or wherever you plan on getting your work done without distractions. Stick to this spot because you will eventually make a habit of turning on your brain’s critical thought mode every time you set yourself down at your workspace. It’s also a good idea to clear out that space of anything that isn’t related to the homework you have at hand.
- Ask Your Friends and Family to Give You Your Privacy. Let your parents and friends know you will be doing homework between specific times. Your parents will likely give you the quiet you need but friends might be a little harder to convince to stay away for at least a couple of hours. If you set a schedule for yourself soon everyone in your social circle will know what times you are “busy” and “unavailable,” thus providing you with the peace and quiet you need to complete your work.
- Get Rid of Any Distractions. This is perhaps one of the more difficult things to do in this age of internet and cell phones. But it’s absolutely important that you rid yourself of any distractions you have. Some people can work well with music, and some studies have shown that certain types of music stimulate learning. But if you find yourself singing along and not getting your work done then it’s time to shut it off completely or turn to something less distracting.
- Review Your Assignment and Visualize Completion. Read over your assignment and go review the pages or problem set you need to cover. Review all the headers and illustrations and imagine yourself getting to each section. You may decide to plan a break before starting a section and moving on to the next. The key here is to visualize yourself reaching your goal.
- Schedule a Break and Stick to It. Clearing your mind of your work is an effective way of giving your brain a break so that you can return focused. Don’t sit around your workspace. Take a walk or give a friend a call. Whatever your time off make sure you stick to the limit so that you can get back to work and finish your work sooner than later.
Nobody ever does their homework well if they are bored. Find ways to avoid boredom even if it means doing shorter sessions more often of your homework. Once you are bored, your homework standards slip.
You can improve your memory. There are exercises and activities you can do just as you might exercise some other muscles in your body. Learn to improve your memory.
Use Key Words
Keywords are just that, the key words. Develop the skill of being able to read something and highlight the keywords. These are the words which will trigger ideas in your mind later on.
Know how long you are able to concentrate. Some people can concentrate for much longer periods than others. But if you know how long it is you can concentrate effectively, then set your homework tasks accordingly.
2010-2017 HeelingHeartsacdRescue.org. Immediate help for your homework assignment.